Friday, December 5, 2008

An update since Thanksgiving weekend sewing days

Update my blog or put on make up before I go out the door. I'll do this and put make up on while I drive. Just kidding, that is dangerous.
So last time I wrote I set a goal to finish Blooming 9 Patch and Glad Creations Diamond Dazzler and I'm happy to say they are together and I love them. What fun!
I had my friends Kim, Dimple, Jennifer and Susan over the 2 days after Thanksgiving. We sewed until after midnight both days. Boy have times changed since I was young when I would have been waitressing or partying on Friday and Saturday night. And then of course there were the years that I was up to my eyeballs in babies and diapers. Kim machine quilted 2 baby quilts, Dimple did a bunch of piecing including some really cute pillows, Jennifer finished 7 projects (one panel quilt and one T-shirt quilt that she started during our 2 days - she's really fast) and Susan is a State Fair Grand Champion ribbon winner who does the most amazing needlepoint that I've ever seen.
So now I'm inspired and yesterday I started my 3" 9 patch quilt that I have a quilting day for on December 16th. I intend to finish this for the January 1st staff and friends show at Glad Creations Quilt Shop. Crazy!
And then there are preparations for Christmas!
Thanks Georgia for the reminder and everyone have a day filled with peace and joy!

1 comment:

Cheri Dawn said...

Sure is fun to hear about what you have been up to and the great progress you're making during this busy season. You go, girl!!!