Sunday, December 14, 2008

My companion quilts are ready for the quilter

My mom always said don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today and I have to agree. When I get a bill I pay it, when clothes get dirty I wash them and so on. I usually deal with things right away. This month I found out it is possible to complete a quilt top in 9 days and then prepare backs for 2. I found this out because I waited until the last minute to do my companion quilts.
Now I can get ready for my dinner party tomorrow night for 10. I'll take the quilts to my quilter on Tuesday and hopefully have them back by Christmas. Then I've got some major stitching to do to get them ready for the quilt show at Glad Creations on January 1st. Oh and mitering borders is a little putsy but not that bad and it looks so great. So much better than if I had done a reqular border. That was the 1st time I've mitered borders.
You'll be able to see the quilts and many others from Glads staff and friends the 1st 10 days in January. Hope to see you there!

No comments: